Skip to main content
2018 Post-Symposium Symposium Survey Results
- 90% of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with
- Respondents were asked why they were interested in this
year's event. The majority answered interest in the topic
(90% and to support the organization (60%).
Reasons why people attended:
- Planning a workshop in August on a similar topic
- To grow intellectually
- To improve my teaching methods
- Critical thinking is USFSM's QEP subject
- Professional Development
The overall rating for the keynote speaker was overwhelmingly
positive. Here are a few comments by
- Dr. Medina's presentation was captivating and informative.
- Great keynote presenter!
- Really liked his talk, and am about halfway through the
book... very interesting and the attention section very
applicable to teaching.
- Really caused me to rethink what I have been doing
based on his presentation of neuroscience and its relationship
- This was the best presentation I believe I've ever watched.
While responses were overwhelmingly
positive, we are taking into consideration
some feedback from participants.
- More breakout sessions in the afternoon.
- Separate break-out for faculty to discuss
- Allow more brainstorming and interactions
- Length of symposium (shorter).
- Participants were leaving early, making it
harder to network.
- More activity based learning.
- Short "speed-dating" kind of activity for